Stern Cross Registration Procedure
1) Confirm that you have met the prerequisite requirement
2) Make sure you will not exceed the six unit limit for the term
- Verify that you have met the prerequisite. You will not be able to register for your course(s) unless you meet the prerequisite requirement. To verify, please indicate on the Stern Cross Registration form that you have completed one of the following:
1) Taken the pre-requisite courses at Stern.
To verify, enter the prerequisite course information directly the Cross Registration form. You can access the course descriptions and prerequisites on Stern’s Registration Website.
2) Earned an Undergraduate Major or Master’s degree in the course subject area.
Documented proof (an unofficial transcript listing the degree) must be attached to the form. The applicable undergraduate/graduate degrees to establish proficiency in a pre-requisite core are listed here.
3) Passed a Stern Proficiency Exam. To request registration for a Stern Proficiency Exam, have your adviser email his/her approval to email@example.com. Be sure to include your student information.
4) Obtained a USA CPA license, passing USA CPA exam grade, or Chartered Accountant certification. Documented proof must be attached to the form.
- Submit your adviser-approved Stern Cross Registration form to the Gallatin Office of Student Services in person at 1 Washington Pl., 8th floor or via fax to 212-995-4150. *Please print your email address on the form to receive registration codes electronically
- Register on Albert once you receive the registration codes
1) If your request is approved by Stern, a seat will be reserved for you and Stern will issue access codes to Gallatin Student Services on your behalf. These codes will be forwarded to you via email.
2) If you are not registered on Albert by the end of the registration period, you will be automatically dropped from the class.