All graduate courses in the Stern School of Business require an access code to register. To obtain an access code, Gallatin must make a reservation with Stern for you; you cannot make the reservation yourself.
Stern will grant permission to register and issue an access code for a Gallatin student to take their courses provided:
1) Confirm that you have met the prerequisite requirement
2) Make sure you will not exceed the six unit limit for the term
1) Taken the pre-requisite courses at Stern.
To verify, enter the prerequisite course information directly the Cross Registration form. You can access the course descriptions and prerequisites on Stern’s Registration Website.
2) Earned an Undergraduate Major or Master’s degree in the course subject area.
Documented proof (an unofficial transcript listing the degree) must be attached to the form. The applicable undergraduate/graduate degrees to establish proficiency in a pre-requisite core are listed here.
3) Passed a Stern Proficiency Exam. To request registration for a Stern Proficiency Exam, have your adviser email his/her approval to email@example.com. Be sure to include your student information.
4) Obtained a USA CPA license, passing USA CPA exam grade, or Chartered Accountant certification. Documented proof must be attached to the form.
1) If your request is approved by Stern, a seat will be reserved for you and Stern will issue access codes to Gallatin Student Services on your behalf. These codes will be forwarded to you via email.
2) If you are not registered on Albert by the end of the registration period, you will be automatically dropped from the class.
What you should know
If you have any questions regarding registration for a Stern course, please contact Andrea Buchannan in the Gallatin Office of Student Services at (212) 998-7345 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.